Featured Titan

Featured Titan
"Listen Attentively, Think Critically, Act Decisively!"

Friday, May 11, 2012

Back by Popular Demand

I've been thinking a lot lately about the incredibly tumultuous times through which we are living. Sovereign debts of the Eurozone, Quantitative Easing (QE) in the US, Chiconomics (Economics of China) and of-course the African agenda (absolute power).

So I thought, since I am no longer publishing any articles in the "weeklies" and "monthlies", [this is like quitting a paying job in the middle of a structural unemployment crisis], why not share some of my thoughts through alternative media? I stopped writing for mainstream publications precisely because I no longer have the time, and quite frankly the inclination, to deal with format, syntax, deadlines, etc. (so many formalities... goodness!)

So in the spirit of "I write what I like" I thought, perhaps, I could make a comeback to blogging. I could write something off-the-cuff whenever life threatening economic choices are made all over the world, which has become a daily pheneme... no... phonemo... uhg, phenomenon. This way, I could provide you with "free" independent views of how some of the decisions domestically, 'neighbourly' and internationally will impact on our economy and on your well-being.

The idea is to take what seems to be the mundane everyday decisions by politicians and multinational companies and turn them into knowledge, critical insights and actionable options for you to do with what you wish.

Just for my 'street-cred': It may not be a well documented fact and won't win me a nobel prize in economics, but in 2006 I wrote a series of articles on 'Succeed Magazine: May 2006' urging people to consolidate their debts ahead of what I believed an inevitable financial crisis [predicting the Global Financial Crisis]. My prognostication was of a 2006 crisis, turns out I was a year and some change too early.

Who knows, maybe my next prediction will serve you well.

So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment